Thursday, February 11, 2016

December 28, 2015 Happy New Year!


Hiya Fam!



Man that went by so fast! It feels like it was just yesterday we were talking face to face. Funny how that works, isn't it? 



I really enjoyed that Skype!! I hope all of you enjoyed your Christmas as well! I know I did!



Mum asked how I like the fountain pen.  It's nice! I was so nervous I'd make a mess the first time I used it haha!   How does Dad like his?  They're not that much fancier than normal pens, but they sure look cool!



Mum asked why we teach English classes.  There are soooooo many foreigners here. Racism is starting to become a problem out here.  We mostly teach Brazilians, but there's also Romanians, Polish, etc. 



We ended up making brownies instead of cookies and delivering them to folks on Christmas morning.  And they were delicious!



Adrianne came to the Christmas party! She enjoyed it from what we were told.  St is Romanian. He came to church, but was sick so we weren't able to meet with him like we'd hoped. :/   Christmas Eve we were with the R's. A R recently returned from a mission to France. And JR, his dad, was the one that got kicked out by M. And New Years Day will be with the B's.



Mom, you made Filet Mignon?  Oh, I LOVE Filet Mignon!! I tried some at BYU! 



Congratulate Dayle Anderson on his Eagle!  And to Heather on expecting a baby!  And Erica, too!

`          

Mom said you guys watched "The Best Two Years".   I've watched it on my mission before (it's part of the "Sick Pack"). It was made before PMG, so Missionary Work has really changed.  Btw, they let us see "Inside Out" on Boxing Day and I LOVED it!!



We've got a really open day today unfortunately. And it's raining, so we'll probably knock some doors after having lunch. We don't have P-Day today, see.



Apparently I still have some mail waiting for me!  I sure appreciate everyone who sent me a card!



Not much to really write about since we just talked, so I'll just wish you all a Happy New Year! Mum reminded me that today is my last email in 2015! Crazy! See you next year! :)   I love you!!! Have a great week!



Love,

Elder Bates

No comments:

Post a Comment