The missionary's were challenged by their Mission President to make a Scripture Chain connecting scriptures. This is Mike's (which he had printed and formed into an actual large chain, and sent it to Claire for her Christmas Present! It is proudly hanging in her room!)
1. Title Page Second Paragraph - What is the purpose of the Book of Mormon?
2. Jacob 1:6-8: What did the people of the Book of Mormon do with their knowledge of Christ?
3. Ether 3:14: What did Christ do for us?
4. 3 Nephi 9:15: These next few verses prove that Jesus Christ created the Earth. Why Him but not Father?
5. Mosiah 3:8: Why is Jesus sometimes referred to as the Father?
6. 2 Nephi 2:14: What does Lehi mean by "things to act and things to act upon?"
7. 2 Nephi 2:19: The next few verses deal with the Fall. Elder Holland said it is critical to know about the Fall to understand Christ. Why do you think that is?
8. Alma 12:22: What happened because of the Fall?
9. Ether 3:2: Evil is a strong word! Why did Mahonri, who's just about to see Jesus Christ, use such a description?
10. Mosiah 3:19: How do we overcome the Fall?
11. Mosiah 4:6-7: How did God solve the Fall?
12. Helaman 14:15-19: There were two things Christ saves us from. What are they?
13. 2 Nephi 17:14: These next few verses speak of His Birth. Why is it significant?
14. 2 Nephi 19:6: This isn't a question, it's a quote to help answer #23: C.S. Lewis said, "God became a mortal man. How can we understand that? Imagine, for a moment, choosing to become a lowly gnat, or even a single-cell organism. That still does not compare to what he did."
15. Alma 7:10: Why did Alma say Jesus would be born at Jerusalem?
16. 1 Nephi 12:3-12: Nephi was shown this in answer to his question about the meaning of the Tree of Life. What was his answer?
17. 3 Nephi 12:3-12, 44, 48: The next few verses deal with his Ministry. As you read the Beatitudes, ponder on why each Beatitude is where it is.
18. 1 Nephi 11:26-29: Look up the word Condescension. How does these verses show His condescension?
19. 3 Nephi 13:9-13, 31-33: These are more of His teachings. As you read His prayer, think about what He said for his example of a prayer.
20. Mosiah 14:2-4: I firmly, and with all my heart wish we could read some of Jesus' journals. I'm sure He had some. What do you think He wrote in them?
21. 3 Nephi 14:7-11: If this is true, why doesn't God always give us what we want?
22. 3 Nephi 17:9, 21: I would highly advise you to carefully study and ponder upon this whole chapter. It's beautiful.
23. Alma 7:12: Remember the C.S. Lewis quote? Think about that as you read this verse.
24. Mosiah 14:4-5, 7-9: My heart is pained whenever I read this. How He loves us!
25. 2 Nephi 26:24: He commandeth NONE to not partake of His Salvation! He loves the whole world!
26. Ether 12:33: Too many people believe that the spirit world is relaxing. He didn't rest, and neither will we.
27. Alma 11:42-44: Dad probably loves verse 44! I want you to understand, however, how amazing it is that we have this knowledge. Others either have a false conception on what resurrection is or who gets it. Amulek lays it out plainly.
28. Mormon 7:5, 6: How is the sting of Death swallowed up?
29. Mosiah 15:20: If the chains of death are broken, why do we still die?
30. 3 Nephi 11:1-17: I particularly love the first sentence of verse 14. I picture the love and the eagerness in His voice as He says, "Come unto me!"
31. 3 Nephi 26:6: The good news is that we can still learn some of those things through our own studies and ponderings.
32. 2 Nephi 25:26: Again, this is the purpose of the Book of Mormon
33. 2 Nephi 33:10: This is my wish for you.
34. Ether 12:41 - This is my invitation to you. These are only a few links that you can make. Make your own!