Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014 Hello Fall!


Dear Fam,
Man, it's getting chilly out here!! If it's this cold in the Fall, I hate to find out what Winter's going to be like!!
So we had another Zone Development day this week! On Tuesday we actually combined with the adjacent Zone, Paisley Zone, for a good game of Yoga Soccer, or Yoccer! It was a fun game! Afterwards we played Capture the Flag, Zone vs Zone!! It was really fun! We won the first game, but they won the second. Then we played a bunch of short games, like Duck Duck Goose (I wanted to change it to Potential Potential Convert haha) and Sharks and Minnows. If you don't know that game, ask Claire. After that, our Zone went to the Stake Center for dinner (potatoes and chili) and chair football. Basically, you have to protect your chair from getting touched by the ball. And if it does, you have to sit in your chair, and you can grab the ball and chuck it at those chairs that are still in!! It was a really fun game!!! You should try it!  It was a really good Conference!! I learned a lot and had a great time with Presiden Brown.
I have to mention this cool thing I learned!! So President Brown was reading to us this passage in the Book of Mormon, I think it's 3 Nephi 9. Basically, it says that Nephi was so strong in the faith, he was converting people left and right and was "ministered unto by Angels"!! And President Brown said "Wouldn't it be great if every missionary in Scotland and Ireland was like Nephi?" That started a discussion, when this other Elder spoke up "Remember the scripture, Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost? Well, that means when the Holy Ghost speaks to you, you're being ministered unto by Angels!" Well, that got me thinking. That must mean that we're being ministered unto by Angels all the time!!! Wow!! Isn't that a great thought?? Angels are ministering unto us daily!! Even hourly, if we're listening! How awesome is that!?
I'm afraid I have little more to tell you. We weren't able to meet with anybody this week, due to companion's sickness and other various problems. We set up plenty of appointments though! Hopefully they'll be able to make it for those!
I did go on an exchange on Saturday with an Elder from Southern Utah. He's the most cowboyish cowboy that I've ever seen!! He even has a lariat at his flat! But he's an awesome guy, really great missionary and quite the jokester. We played Uno during Lunch, and he kept pulling draw fours out of his shirt sleeves and trousers and underneath cushions hahaha that prankster :)
But yeah, this next week I'm excited for!! Elder Hanson is feeling perfectly normal now, he had a Doctor's appointment this morning in fact, so we're going to hit the ground running and make up for lost time!! So hopefully you'll get more news then! :)
Sounds like quite the Claire week! Sounds fun! Claire told me all about the tin man thing. Sounds so cool! I wish I'd had such an opportunity! I have heard about the Meet the Mormon's movie! President will probably let us watch it eventually. It sounds interesting! I'd love to find out the public response to it. 

Oh, did I tell you that I'm studying the Doctrine and Covenants too? I am! I'm going through it and marking it up! Blue for prophecies, brown for covenants, purple for commandments, etc. It's been fun! I've got this study guide too that I've been using. Some kind of student manual I think. Really interesting!
We're doing what we're supposed to be doing. We actually just got back from a Doctor's appointment my companion had this morning. That's why I'm writing later than normal. He's also been feeling much better the past few days, so we've been working hard! Things are looking up! No worries :)

I love you all!! Keep being awesome, and please send me pictures!! I love seeing you guys and what you are up to! It doesn't have to be of anything, just of your smiling faces. :)
Love you!!
Elder Bates

No comments:

Post a Comment