Sunday, August 23, 2015

August 10, 2015 New President, New Rules


Hiya Fam!

So my week got rocked more than a little bit on Tuesday! At the beginning of District Meeting, Elder C, our District Leader, announced that there are a few new rules from President Donaldson. The first two didn't really matter to me, but the third was the one that really changed things. The first one is actually for you guys: only send packages to the Rosetta address from now on (when I'm in Northern Ireland, that is). They're no longer sending packages over from the Mission Home in Edinburgh. So just giving yous a heads up. The second was about sports (basically, don't do them). And the third was a complete surprise: we are to drop all Less Actives. The only Less Actives we are allowed to work with are ones that the Ward Council gives us, or Part-Member families. Which means we're going to have to drop B and the A's! I was devastated! We're going to go by each of them and do it personally. It'll be sad, but we're being obedient. 

Anyhow, the rest of the week went by great! The B's had us and F over on Wednesday! The B's are a family with the only Young Man in the ward (he's 13), a son who's leaving on a mission in a month (New Zealand), and a YSA son. Oh, and the Dad is in the Stake Presidency. It was really great! We also told F then that we had ordered a Quad for her! She was so excited! She's also really nervous, cuz "I don't know how to work it"! Ha we'll teach her. She also agreed to start the Stop Smoking Program next week! Yay!

H is coming back from Paris this week. Can't wait to see him again! 

Oh, on Sunday, there was the "Catholic 12th". Basically, the Catholics did everything the Protestants did for the 12th: Bonfires, marches, wave flags, drink, etc. We stayed out of City Center yesterday.

I think that's it! It was a good week, all things considered! Btw, I was reading in 1 Corinthians today, I think chapters 6-12. Any thoughts on those? There were several great verses in there, like the man without the woman one, and the Gods many and Lords many, but overall I need some help understanding them. Even the Institute manual didn't help! Anybody else get anything from it? I understand the Book of Mormon quite well, really very well. But I just can't seem to understand the Bible as well. Probably because I don't spend as much time reading it as I do the Book of Mormon.  I would appreciate your thoughts on those chapters.

Anyhow, I love you guys a lot! Please if you have any questions, feel free to ask! I'm probably not going to answer any questions that aren't asked! Ha!

Totally random thought, but I really want to try an Ulster Fry. I don't know what it is, but I see signs for it everywhere. 

See ya next week! Miss yous! :)
Love,
Elder Bates

No comments:

Post a Comment