Saturday, August 15, 2015

August 3, 2015 August??? Whaaa???

Hiya Fam!

Can you believe it's August already!? It seems like it was just thirteen months ago I was boarding a bus for Scotland... Oh, wait...

We had a great week this week! Brother M hosted a "Cottage Evening" on Sunday night. We made up a BINGO board, where each square had a Gospel principle on it, like Pre-Earth Life, or Baptism, etc. Elder Schippers would pull out a slip of paper from a bowl, and it'd have one of those things on it. We'd then "quiz" F on what it was, and just elaborate on it. One of F's friends, R, came along too! She seemed to have a great time, and understood everything very well! She also won. I was SO CLOSE!! I only needed Book of Mormon, or Repentance, and I'd have won. Dang it, R! ;)

Anyhow, the rest of the week went well too. There was a member, K, who approached us last Sunday and told us that her friend, Ka, who's also a Former Investigator, wanted us to come by and give her a blessing! We happily obliged! We talked with her for a while about the Holy Ghost, and how she felt in the past when reading from the Book of Mormon and other experiences. After we gave her the blessing, she said she felt really good and peaceful. It was great! We're hoping to have her as a new Investigator sometime soon! Yay!

Yep, things are going well! The only blight on our week was on Saturday. There was a MASSIVE Gay Pride Parade. All of city center was arrayed with rainbow flags and everything. We avoided City Center like the plague that day. That evening, just before Dinner, we got back to the flat, but had to go through city center to do it. It was horrible. F had a few friends show up at her flat high or drunk. Or both. It wasn't a very pleasing night. Reminded me of Alma 31: 30-31

But everything else went great!!

I'm doing great! :D  Thanks so much for fasting for me!  

The Jacobs were fantastic! I was worried I'd walk right past them and not recognize them, but I didn't. I remembered them the moment I saw them. And man, all that stuff!! You really went all out for this!!! That bag was overflowing!!!! 

Chapman's, Hey! That's great!!! Congrats!! Things are really starting to look up! I love you guys a lot! :)
Btw, about the recorder, I'm thinking I'll just get it out here. It'd be simpler that way. Sound good?
Right when we enter the Mission Field, we were given two talks. One was Beware of Pride by President Benson. Really good talk. Really woke me up haha! Thanks for sharing!

Well, I love you all! I just started Third Nephi this week! Great book! For one thing, we're told that the events in the Book of Mormon preceding Christ's coming is a parallel with what will happen preceding His Second coming. It really makes the Book pop out, ya know?

Anyhow, love you all so much! Have a great week! :)

Elder Bates

No comments:

Post a Comment